Pad Thai is a classic Thai dish that has become popular around the world. It’s a flavorful stir-fried noodle dish that combines sweet, sour, and savory flavors, and is often served with shrimp, chicken, or tofu.
This dish is also known for its signature ingredients like tamarind paste, fish sauce, and peanuts, which give it a unique and satisfying taste.
In this recipe, we’ll show you how to make Pad Thai at home using simple and easy-to-find ingredients.
Whether you’re a fan of Thai cuisine or just looking for a new and delicious dish to try, this Pad Thai recipe is sure to impress.
- 8 oz. flat rice noodles
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup cooked chicken, diced
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
For the sauce:
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 1/4 cup tamarind paste
- 1/4 cup palm sugar
- 2 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- Soak the rice noodles in warm water for about 30 minutes until they are soft.
- In a bowl, mix together the fish sauce, tamarind paste, palm sugar, rice vinegar, and chili powder to make the sauce.
- Heat a wok or large skillet over high heat and add the vegetable oil.
- Add the garlic and shallot and stir-fry for 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add the eggs and stir-fry until cooked.
- Add the chicken and stir-fry for another 2-3 minutes until heated through.
- Drain the rice noodles and add them to the wok, along with the bean sprouts and green onions.
- Pour the sauce over the noodles and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until the noodles are coated with the sauce and everything is heated through.
- Serve the Pad Thai with chopped peanuts and lime wedges on the side.