You’ll never look at the humble banana the same way again after discovering the many health benefits and reasons to add them to your diet.
They can help to combat depression, make you smarter, cure hangovers, relieve morning sickness, protect against kidney cancer, diabetes, osteoporosis, and blindness. Plus they can even cure the itch of a mosquito bite and put a great shine on your shoes.
Here are 25 reasons to eat bananas you might have never considered before.
If You Think Bananas Are Just For Monkeys, Think Again
These 25 ways to use and eat bananas will blow your mind!
- Bananas help overcome depression due to high levels of tryptophan, which is converted into serotonin — the happy-mood brain neurotransmitter.
- Eat two bananas before a strenuous workout to pack an energy punch and sustain your blood sugar.
- Protect against muscle cramps during workouts and night time leg cramps by eating a banana.
- Counteract calcium loss during urination and build strong bones by supplementing with a banana.
- Improve your mood and reduce PMS symptoms by eating a banana, which regulates blood sugar and produces stress-relieving relaxation.
- Bananas reduce swelling, protect against type II diabetes, aid weight loss, strengthen the nervous system, and help with the production of white blood cells, all due to high levels of vitamin B-6.
- Strengthen your blood and relieve anemia with the added iron from bananas.
- High in potassium and low in salt, bananas are officially recognized by the FDA as being able to lower blood pressure and protect against heart attack and stroke.
Eating Bananas For Digestion
- Rich in pectin, bananas aid digestion and gently chelate toxins and heavy metals from the body.
- Bananas act as a prebiotic, stimulating the growth of friendly bacteria in the bowel. They also produce digestive enzymes to assist in absorbing nutrients.
- Constipated? High fiber in bananas can help normalize bowel motility.
- Got the runs? Bananas are soothing to the digestive tract and help restore lost electrolytes after diarrhea.
- Bananas are a natural antacid, providing relief from acid reflux, heartburn, and GERD.
- Bananas are the only raw fruit that can be consumed without distress to relieve stomach ulcers by coating the lining of the stomach against corrosive acids.
For Natural Healing From A Simple Banana
- Eating bananas will help prevent kidney cancer, protects the eyes against macular degeneration and builds strong bones by increasing calcium absorption.
- Bananas make you smarter and help with learning by making you more alert. Eat a banana before an exam to benefit from the high levels of potassium.
- Bananas are high in antioxidants, providing protection from free radicals and chronic disease.
- Eating a banana between meals helps stabilize blood sugar and reduce nausea from morning sickness.
- Rub a bug bite or hives with the inside of the banana peel to relieve itching and irritation.
- Control blood sugar and avoid binging between meals by eating a banana.
- Eating a banana can lower the body temperature and cool you during a fever or on a hot day.
- The natural mood-enhancer tryptophan helps to relieve Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD).
- Quitting smoking? Bananas contain high levels of B-vitamins as well as potassium and magnesium to speed recovery from the effects of withdrawal.
- Remove a wart by placing the inside of a piece of banana peel against the wart and taping it in place.
- Rub the inside of a banana peel on your leather shoes or handbag and polish with a dry cloth for a quick shine.
Oh, And Remember — Bananas Make Great Snacks And Delicious Smoothies.
Delicious Creamy Banana & Avocado Smoothie Recipe!
(use organic ingredients where possible)
- 2 bananas (delicious when frozen)
- 1/2 avocado, stone and skin removed
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk (or any other milk)
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla paste
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon bee pollen
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter (optional)
- Handful of ice if your bananas are not frozen
Place all ingredients in a blender. Blend on high speed for half a minute until you reach a smooth consistency. Enjoy!
#bananas #banana #bananabread #food #breakfast #foodie #healthyfood #foodporn #fruit #chocolate #yummy #homemade #fruits #vegan #strawberries #baking #delicious #healthylifestyle #foodphotography #dessert #healthy #love #foodstagram #instafood #thechallenge #bananacake #bananasplit #bananapancakes #challenge #bhfyp