This thick, creamy, naturally-sweetened Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie is guaranteed to brighten your morning
The first and most important one is that my smoothies must taste legitimately delicious.
This peanut butter banana yogurt smoothie, like all others in my collection of healthy smoothie recipes, is a treat you’ll look forward to sipping, not some bad version of medicine you force yourself to knock back for the sake of being “healthy.”
Wow, does this recipe deliver!
Thick, creamy, and naturally sweet, this easy banana smoothie reminds me of a milkshake, it’s that yummy.
To say peanut butter and banana are a good combination is the understatement of the year (this Oatmeal Smoothie is another thick and creamy favorite).
If you’re new to the smoothie game and looking for a smoothie that’s good for you but that doesn’t taste overtly “healthy,” if you need smoothies for kids that will pass picky eater inspection, or if you are simply craving a tasty change of smoothie pace…this healthy breakfast smoothie recipe is ideal for you.
Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie Benefits
I often rely on Healthy Breakfast Smoothies (<—see that post for my fave smoothie recipes and tips) to kick-start my day.
Or, if you are looking for a post-workout smoothie, this peanut butter banana version is one of my favorites.
It’s a perfect option because banana smoothies like this recipe are good for you.
- Bananas are high in fiber, potassium, and vitamins B6 and C.
- Peanut butter has protein and healthy fats too (I recommend using a brand of natural peanut butter with less added sugar).
Generally speaking, with the right ingredients a peanut butter smoothie can be good for weight loss. Smoothies with healthier foods like fruits, Greek yogurt, and peanut butter can be sufficiently filling with better nutrients than other breakfast options.
How to Make This Recipe
This is a great smoothie recipe for beginners thanks to its appealing taste and short ingredient list. Just add to a blender – it doesn’t get much easier than that.
- Banana. As we discussed above, bananas are a smoothie favorite for a reason. They pair wonderfully with other ingredients, add nutritional value, and help create that desirable thick, creamy texture.
- Peanut Butter. The other half of our classic pairing. The beloved flavor of peanut butter helps give this smoothie universal appeal, while also helping make it rich and satisfying.
- Almond Milk. The liquid for our healthy breakfast smoothie. I like to use unsweetened almond milk to keep the smoothie from being too sweet.
- Greek Yogurt. To up the creamy factor and give this smoothie a protein boost.
- Cinnamon. Adds a warm and cozy element that you don’t want to miss.
- Add all the ingredients to a blender.
- Blend until smooth. ENJOY!
Variations for a Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
Not only is a smoothie a fantastic vehicle for nutritious food during the day, but is also very adaptable to your liking. Here are easy variations for this recipe:
- Chocolate. Thinking of having a chocolate peanut butter banana smoothie to stave off the temptation of a less healthy dessert? Add a few teaspoons of cocoa powder (a little goes a long way!) or a scoop of chocolate protein powder, and this very well may replace your favorite milkshake.
- Protein Powder. This peanut butter banana smoothie has protein because of the peanut butter and Greek yogurt. But if you need an extra boost in your banana smoothie after a workout, add a ½ to 1 scoop of your favorite protein powder (vanilla or chocolate).
- Bowl Style. For a new twist, try a peanut butter banana smoothie bowl. Add extra banana or ice to thicken it further, then serve it in a bowl with toppings, such as granola, banana slices, or blueberries, and a drizzle of additional peanut butter.
WE ARE OPEN!
For more information on our detox, weight loss and wellness programs, contact us at…
Interested in our lifestyle, programs, have a look at:
m: +66(0) 808 803 489
#bananapeanutbutter #peanutbutter #glutenfree #banana #foodiesofinstagram #breakfast #healthylifestyle #bhfyp #bananabread #vegan #peanutbutterbanana #foodphotography #foodstagram #peanutbutterlover #wellness #ingredient #vegansmoothie #foodporn #chocolate #wheyprotein #homechef #foodstylist #foodpics #healthy #smoothies #healthysmoothies