Today, we want to give you some ideas for delicious and healthy drinks, fruity, flavorful and low in calories. Great to try at home!
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE REAL FRUIT SODA
To make real fruit soda, make a simple syrup with frozen fruit. You can use any variety of fruit you like best. You can even mix fruits.
A classic simple syrup is made with granulated sugar and water, but you can swap in honey if you prefer. Simmer the mixture on the stove, pressing the fruit with the back of a spoon (or using a potato masher) to extract the juice. Then let it steep to infuse even more of the fruit flavor into the syrup.
Strain the mixture so itâ€™s completely smooth.
Pour a quarter-cup of the fruit puree into a glass with ice (more or less to taste), top with about a cup of plain seltzer or soda water, and enjoy!
- 2 cups of plain or frozen fruit, plus more for optional garnish
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar, or 2/3 cup honey
- Place frozen fruit and water in a small saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring or mashing to break up the fruit.
- Add sugar and stir to dissolve. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and allow to steep for 45 minutes.
- Pour mixture through a strainer, using a spoon to stir and push the liquid through. Chill the mixture until ready to use.
- To serve, pour one-quarter-cup puree into the bottom of a glass with ice. Top with about one cup of seltzer and garnish with more frozen fruit if desired.